This is a virtual class that will be held on zoom.
In this fun and interactive workshop you will get hands-on skills for mending your knit clothes. This workshop teaches you hand darning techniques for mending your socks and sweaters. This is an introductory class to hand darning for all skill levels.
You’ll learn how to repair your holey socks and sweaters. You’ll also learn the best tools and materials for repairing your knits. All skill levels are welcome. We will create a mending sampler for you to practice the repair techniques. Bringing an item of clothing is not required (and is actually preferred).
- Best tools and materials for darning and repairing knit fabrics
- A couple of different ways to darn your knit fabric
- This style of darning is visible mending, like the repairs shown in the photos
When: Pick the date and time that works for you. Multiple dates available. Not a reoccurring class.
- Saturday, Jan 21, 1:00 - 2:30 PM CST - order kit by Jan 12th for delivery
- Wednesday, Jan 25, 6:00 - 7:30 PM CST - order kit by Jan 16th for delivery
- Optional mending kit includes: Cotton fabric swatch for practicing, a few small cotton swatches for patching, cotton embroidery thread, cotton Sashiko thread, 5 sharp darning needles, 1 tapestry needle, wool yarn, 6 straight pins, needle threader, and visible mending booklet. Colors will vary and will be chosen for you.
- If you're attending both this class and the Mending Basics Workshop, one kit is enough materials for both classes.
This is an introductory class and you'll learn skills to mend your clothes. Even if you've never darned before this class is an introduction to hand darning.
By the end of the class you'll have your own mending sampler you can refer back to again and again.
What is Visible Mending? Visible mending is a radical act. By making your clothes last longer you're challenging the way we consume clothing. Visible mending brings attention to your loved clothing that might have otherwise ended up in the landfill.
The Location: Virtual, held over zoom.
- Three person minimum - class will be rescheduled if class size is not met
- 20 person maximum
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- If BLISS JOY BULL needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
- If you're unable to attend the workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts.
- Tickets are non-transferable. You'll receive a recording of the class, which will be available to rewatch for 6 months.