This is a virtual class that will be held on zoom.
In this fun and interactive workshop you will get hands-on skills for mending your clothes. This workshop teaches you hand sewing techniques for mending your clothes. This is an introductory class to hand sewing with visible mending techniques for all skill levels.
You’ll learn a couple of different stitches on how to repair and mend your clothes. You’ll also learn a couple of decorative stitches to creatively mend your clothes. We will create a mending sampler for you to practice the repair techniques. Bringing an item of clothing is not required (and is actually preferred).
- Best tools and materials for darning and repairing woven fabrics
- Patching repairs for woven fabrics
- A few different embroidery stitches for decorative repairs
When: Pick the date and time that works for you. Not a reoccurring class. Current available dates:
- Saturday, March 25, 1:00 - 3:00 PM CST - order kit by March 15th for delivery
- Optional mending kit includes: Cotton fabric swatch for practicing, a few small cotton swatches for patching, cotton embroidery thread, cotton Sashiko thread, 5 sharp darning needles, 1 tapestry needle, wool yarn, 6 straight pins, needle threader, and visible mending booklet. Colors will vary and will be chosen for you.
- If you're attending both this class and the Hand Darning Workshop, one kit is enough materials for both classes.
This is an introductory class and you'll learn skills to mend your clothes. Even if you've never sewn before this class is an introduction to hand sewing.
By the end of the class you'll have your own mending sampler you can refer back to again and again.
What is Visible Mending? Visible mending is a radical act. By making your clothes last longer you're challenging the way we consume clothing. Visible mending brings attention to your loved clothing that might have otherwise ended up in the landfill.
The Location: Virtual, held over zoom.
- Three person minimum - class will be rescheduled if class size is not met
- 20 person maximum
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- If BLISS JOY BULL needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
- If you're unable to attend the workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts.
- Tickets are non-transferable. You'll receive a recording of the class, which will be available to rewatch for 6 months.