Check out our virtual and in-person mending classes and other in-person events!
Saturday, March 16, 11:00 - 1:00 PM | Intro to Hand Darning Workshop | The Eco Extension, 4756 North Rockwell Street, Chicago, IL 60625 | TICKETS TO COME
Learn the basics of hand darning knit fabrics. You’ll learn how to repair your holey socks and sweaters.
- How to darn a rectangular patch with yarn
- The best tools and materials for repairing your knits
- How to identify knit fabrics
- Each student will create a mending sampler for you to practice the repair techniques
- This is an introductory class for all skill levels
- All materials included
Saturday, March 16, 2:00 - 4:00 PM | Mending Circle | The Eco Extension, 4756 North Rockwell Street, Chicago, IL 60625 | TICKETS TO COME
What’s a mending circle? Mend your clothing in community. Two heads are better than one, especially when it comes to your favorite sweaters or jeans! Bring 1-3 items of your holey, ripped, or stained clothing for repair. We'll have sewing supplies and a sewing machine set up and we'll help you with your mending needs.
- Come for some or all of the time
- Even if you've never sewn before our mending circles are a welcoming space to pick up a needle and thread for the first time.
Sunday, March 17, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM | Reuse-a-Palooza | The Plant, 1400 W 46th St, Chicago, IL 60609 | MORE INFO
- Bring an item of clothing you'd like to learn how to repair. Nandi of BLISS JOY BULL will have a sewing machine and mending materials to help you mend your clothes by machine or hand.
- Reuse-a-Palooza at The Plant is a semiannual event that provides opportunities to repair clothing and household items, safely dispose tricky-to-recycle items, and donate bicycles, gently used books, and more, all the while bringing attention to strategies to reduce waste and improve environmental conditions.
- We’ll be joined by an amazing group of waste-reduction and repurposing enthusiasts focusing on approaches to purchasing and consumption that make good sense economically, environmentally, and socially.
To subscribe to this calendar click here (events will automatically sync on Google calendar).