Calendar of Events
See below for our virtual and in-person mending classes and other in-person events!
March 25, 1:00 - 3:00 PM CST | Visible Mending Basics Workshop | Virtual, held over zoom | TICKETS
- Learn the basics of hand mending. You’ll learn a couple of different stitches on how to repair and mend your clothes. You’ll also learn a couple of decorative stitches to creatively mend your clothes. All skill levels are welcome.
April 14, 5:00 - 9:00 PM & April 15, 12:00 - 5:00 PM | Clothing Swap and Knit | Chicago Fair Trade Museum at NEWCITY, 1457 North Halsted Street Chicago, IL 60642 | TICKETS
- Join Chicago Fair Trade and the Chicago Conscious Closet Club for a weekend-long clothing swap! In celebration of Earth Day 2023 and Fashion Revolution month, our event is for swappers of all ages, sizes, and genders.
- We’ll have repair guides available on site, experts on hand to help with styling, on-site pay-what-you-can mending, an international knitting circle you can join, and other fun freebies.
April 16, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM | Reuse-a-Palooza at The Plant | The Plant, 1400 West 46th Street Chicago, IL 60609 | MORE INFO
- Repair your beloved but worn/broken household treasures at Community Glue’s repair clinic, or join in to Bliss Joy Bull’s mending meetup to learn some new hand-sewing tricks and DIY!
- Check out more info here for a complete lineup of events and activities at Reuse-a-Palooza
To subscribe to this calendar click here (events will automatically sync on Google calendar).