Check out our virtual and in-person mending classes and other in-person events!
Learn the basics of hand darning knit fabrics. You’ll learn how to repair your holey socks and sweaters.
- How to darn a rectangular patch with yarn
- The best tools and materials for repairing your knits
- How to identify knit fabrics
- Each student will create a mending sampler for you to practice the repair techniques
- This is an introductory class for all skill levels
Join us for our annual fundraiser - an inspiring Eco.Art Extravaganza on September 30, 2023 in Chicago!
Through visual art, spoken word performances, and climate comedy, we aim to use creativity to raise environmental awareness and galvanize positive change.
The event will foster a sense of community and togetherness, providing a platform for like-minded individuals to connect, exchange ideas, and explore new ways to contribute to the climate movement. Join us as we celebrate the artistic endeavors that unite us in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
The Sustainability Market is a gathering place where visitors can meet vendors, artists and organizations focused on preserving the environment.
As always, they’ll be hosting their Reuse & Recycling Popup collection tent. Their list of accepted items will be regularly updated between now and then, so check back periodically.
- Nandi of BLISS JOY BULL will be doing mending consults. Bring an item of clothing If you have an item of clothing you’d like to get repaired, bring it for a mending consultation. We can go over what’s available for your repair ✂️ 👩🔬
I won’t be doing any repairs at the market, only consults.
Sunday, October 15, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM | Reuse-a-Palooza | The Plant, 1400 W 46th St, Chicago, IL 60609 | MORE INFO
- Bring an item of clothing you'd like to learn how to repair. Nandi of BLISS JOY BULL will have a sewing machine and mending materials to help you mend your clothes by machine or hand.
Reuse-a-Palooza at The Plant is a semiannual event that provides opportunities to repair clothing and household items, safely dispose tricky-to-recycle items, and donate bicycles, gently used books, and more, all the while bringing attention to strategies to reduce waste and improve environmental conditions.
We’ll be joined by an amazing group of waste-reduction and repurposing enthusiasts focusing on approaches to purchasing and consumption that make good sense economically, environmentally, and socially.
To subscribe to this calendar click here (events will automatically sync on Google calendar).